Sunday 11 October 2009

My ten cents


Via the blessed Cranmer, we learn just why the Great President Barack Hussein Obama: Beloved Leader; Heavenly Orator; Mighty Poet; Paramount Scholar; Supreme Architect; Engineer of Nations and King of Kings was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in the brief 14 days between his inauguration and the closing date for nominations.


"His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population."


Here's what I guess 'the majority of the world's population' might have as attitudes, above and beyond the Nobel Committee and President Obama's:


I prefer my family's welfare to that of strangers; I prefer the company of my own kind over that of outsiders (exotic though they may be); you should work to support yourself; spare the rod and spoil the child; that's my stuff - leave it alone; criminals should be punished; the devil makes work for idle hands; don't tread on me; I like the way I live so don’t make me change it; keep the bad people down and out and away from me and mine because I don’t trust them and they’ve been known to kill folk without referring their plans to the Nobel Peace Prize Committee first.

1 comment:

James Higham said...

If his idea of world values is to pursue those policies, then world values are f---ed.

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner