Wednesday 26 August 2009

Sic transit gloria mundi

Senator Edward Kennedy is dead.

I think that the whole world must be in shock right now.

I am going to list and explain all the reasons why I admired the man and why I shall miss him.

There are so many things to write about such a great statesman, patriot and human being and how the world is poorer for his absence, and soon I shall set word to this screen. But since life is complex and because there are other tasks to which I must attend first I shall not be posting right now. In the meantime I must talk to family and friends; in person and on the phone about this whole sad matter and thus draw comfort, encouragement and advice from them. I may take a drink or two, and go for a drive. Maybe take a swim. I'll get around to it tomorrow, I imagine, when I've slept a while.

And as I do so, I shall reflect on the many lives whom Edward Kennedy touched - however briefly - during his own long, long life.












4 comments:

GoodnightVienna said...

haha! or whatever the latest cybernetic expression is for denoting laughter. Sick joke NNW - almost as sick as the one Teddy Kennedy pulled at Chappaquiddick.

Doubting Richard said...

RIH Senator Kennedy.

Rot In Hell.

WomanHonorThyself said...

I love uuuuuuuuuuuu..this post is beyond brilliant my friend!!!!!!

North Northwester said...

Ah, every man's death diminishes me.

Had the late Senator practised the above human comment, then I might have written up his good point sooner.
better late than never.

Here they are.

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner