Tuesday, 11 August 2009

The second is... Yes. Considerably.


Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the gate:
‘To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods


Today’s Culture Wars; The Culture round up.


An first, an apology…


I missed this yesterday – sorry Gigits; I was running on dead adrenaline by bed time.

Gigits on the bright new future that New Labour is taking us back towards…


Counting Cats is here again on a wide variety of muppets

Hey Mister Taliban, tally me banana..


Pavlov’s Cat reminds me that I was at Stonehenge on August 16, 1977. You could touch it then – no barriers, because the crusties hadn’t held their self-satisfying little battle of the beanfield.

Rex quondam, rex futurus. Uh-uh.


Dumb Jon wades in with the heavy guns. Others and me are getting positively theological about Just How Right Wing Was Charlton Heston Anyway?


And Julia on C is for Comic; or Disney versus Terminators.

I just can’t help myself…I’m going to have to buy it…


Oh, and inadvertently, James wanders in and qualifies quite by accident with a Wonderful World montage


Thank you all, once again.


Oh, and Salted Slug has produced a Nightjack archive as well as his own blog.


Funny old world…

6 comments:

Pavlov's Cat said...

Blast you North , that's 2 poems in 2 days, I've been saving for my Friday Poets Day posts. I am going to have to wait now until drink or senility addles my few readers brains and they forget you posted them.
( and I know the latin , nice one )

James Higham said...

Yes, the poetry factor is increased by one, NNWer. Fanxverrimuch too.

Pavlov's Cat said...

Can I add Mr Longriders contribution from Monday which I missed

and is possibly the most important cultural item so far listed

Beer

Edgar said...

Ah, now I remember my English teacher reading choice bits of this poem more than 40 years ago. I remember that he took pains that we understood clearly what was meant by 'clove him to the teeth'! Happy days!

CountingCats said...

Wednesday:
http://www.countingcats.com/?p=3883

North Northwester said...

PC - freedom's big.
Get some in if poetry's your bag. Wait'll you see tonight's blurb - and tomorrow's post. And thanks for the Blognor Regis tip _ I missed him out not tonight, though.

James, just jump in and make a splash if you want..

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner